10 Easy Fashion Advice!
No matter if you have (what looks like) a bland wardrobe or one that's filled to the brim with the latest and greatest it can be easy to forget the basics; not only coordinating what your outfit will be for the day or the occasion but also feeling that what you're wearing is fashionable! So here are 10 tips and tricks for the fashion-lost you!
1. The secret to well-fitting everyday clothes is Lycra. The formulas to look for: 95% cotton/5% Lycra spandex for T-shirts, and at least 2% Lycra for jeans to hold their shape.
2. “Always organize your clothes going light to dark from left to right in your closet. Your eye will follow the color and thus help you stay organized.” — Melanie Charlton Fascitelli, Founder, Clos-ette and Clos-ette Too.
3. To stop angora or mohair from shedding, fold the garment and place it into a zip-top bag and freeze it for at least three hours.
4. Remove odors from vintage or thrift clothing by spritzing them with a mixture of one part vodka, two parts water.
5. Pour a dash of vodka into vase water to extend the life of your flowers.
6. Spray tights with sticky (read: cheap) hairspray to avoid holes and runs.
7. Dressy occasions aren’t the time to play with trends, so know your silhouette and stick to it to always look your best. Perfect example: Sofia Vergara knows she looks good in mermaid dresses, and always chooses variations of the shape on red carpets.
8. “Never put a garment on immediately after ironing, as this can actually cause new wrinkles to form. Instead, let it sit for five minutes to set the press.” — Althea Harper, Designer and Rowenta Brand Ambassador
9. “Pair flirty, feminine dresses with masculine spectator shoes for an effortless and unexpected look.” — Gabriella Perezutti, Designer, Candela
10. To achieve the perfectly effortless cuffed sleeve, keep the top button (which is called the gauntlet) buttoned while you roll.